Important notes about our tours
Here you will find the most important notes and general information about our tours.
Please take the time to read them carefully.
Welcome to “Berlin from below..!”
Please use the calendar function on the start page to view which tours are taking place.
- Our tours and exhibitions are not appropriate for children under 7 years of age. We regret that we must therefore refuse entry to children in this age group. This is due to the Jugendschutzgesetz (JuSchG) § 8 (German Child Protection Law). Due to the difficult historical themes discussed during our tours, it is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to decide whether children between 7 and 13 years of age may take part. The delivery and content of our tours is aimed at adults, and can only be recommended for children aged 14 years or older.
- For Tour 2 – “From Flak Towers to Mountains of Debris” all participants must be at least 18 years of age. For Tour K (only in German), the minimum age is 18, for Tour A (only in German), the minimum age is 14.
Clothing and equipment
- For all tours, sturdy footwear is required (no sandals or flip flops, etc.).
- There are no further special requirements for Tour 1 and Tour 3. However, please be aware that it is always a little bit chilly underground. The lighting is sufficient and our structures are dry.
- Special requirements regarding footwear apply on Tour 2 – “From Flak Towers to Mountains of Debris”:
Sturdy, closed footwear is required in order to participate. (Shoes should fit well - with closed toes and closed heels and a stable sole - no high heels, sandals, flip flops, espadrilles or ballet pumps, etc.). Suitability of footwear of all participants must be checked at the time of purchase and tickets for Tour 2 will only be sold to people wearing appropriate shoes.
Warm clothes are recommended! The temperature within the Flak Tower is 10°C / 50°F at best, even in the summer, and the humidity is considerable. Helmets are provided by the Berlin Underworlds Association.
- For Tour M – “Under the Berlin Wall” warm clothes are recommended!
Ticket sales for public tours
- The procedure for ticket sales is currently changed for some tours. Please note the information on the respective website of the tour in the respective language. Please use the link to the tour in the calendar for more information.
- Due to the current situation, tickets for the guided tours and exhibitions are only available online through our partner reservix. There is no ticket sale at the meeting point!
- Detailed information can be found on the respective tour and exhibition pages soon.
- Schoolchildren, trainees and students are, subject to proof of status, entitled to a discount on certain tours. There are also discounts on some tours for those able to verify that they are unemployed, members of the Bundesfreiwilligendienst (State Volunteer Service), or are severely disabled. Discounts are only available when mentioned on specific tourwebpages or in our brochure.
- A combination of discounts is not possible.
- The BerlinWelcomeCard is not valid for tours, only for the “Myth of Germania” exhibition.
Closed periods / No tours or exhibitions
- The tour schedule is subject to change.
- NO TOURS AND EXHIBITIONS: December 22nd – 26th, 2020 | January 1st, 2021
- In the period between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day, we have an altered tour schedule.
- Please use the calendar function on the start page to view which tours are taking place.
- Due to limitations imposed by the structure of the bunkers, our tours and exhibitions are not handicapped accessible.
- Most of the time during a tour is spent walking and standing. There are no chairs. There are several staircases.
Luggage and animals
- Animals are not permitted on the tours.
- Bags larger than a handbag or a small backpack are not allowed on our tours. Unfortunately we are unable to store luggage for guests.
Photography and filming
- Photography and filming are generally not permitted.
- In the past we have observed that photography and filming can considerably disrupt the flow of the tours. Additionally, we have a number of artifacts on display that are on loan from eye-witnesses, whose copyright and right to privacy has to be protected. We are happy to provide professional press photos on request for a specific publication.
- Producers of professional TV documentaries should check our production notes.
Information brochure download